Thursday, June 10, 2010

Interesting Requests

Over the years we have received many requests that were out of the ordinary. Any reasonable request can be accomodated here as long as we are reasonably compensated for it.
Most requests have to do with using alternative access, not damaging trees, parking, set backs and the like. Rarely would we decline a request from a client.
One request was so ridiculous that we actually had to laugh it off, literally.
In the mid 1990's a fellow called and talked to Gwen, my wife, about building a remote cabin. "No problem, that's what we do."
"This site is very remote and I don't want anyone to know where it is." He stated.
"OKAY" She replied, knowing there was more.
"I want to blindfold the crew so they won't know how to find the place when they are finished with the project."
...Long Pause...
"Sir, I can tell you now that my husband will not be submitting himself to being blindfolded for any reason, sorry!" End of conversation.
We all got a pretty good laugh out of this one and it continues to get a chuckle every time I tell this story. (Whenever I come across someone who hasn't heard it from me already.)




I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
- Thomas A. Edison

No comments: